Real World Case 1 – 16 Y/O Male
A Translational Study 'Case Report' on the Small Molecule 'Energy Blocker' 3-Bromopyruvate (3BP) as a Potent Anticancer Agent: From Bench Side to Bedside(2012)
The first patient to be treated with Dr. Ko's 3BP compound.
- Treated at Frankfurt University in 2009
- 16yr old patient with progressive fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma, 3 month of prognosis
- The patient was given 9 doses of KAT (200 mg) over a period of 6 months
- After treatment, the patient loses cancer and the tissue regenerates from 5% to 30%
- 1.5years after CR, the patient dies of pneumonia due to excessive antibiotic therapy that destroyed liver function. No cancer was found as a result of CT scan by postmortem examination
Left images taken before treatment, right images taken after 9th treatment.
Tumors throughout liver (L) are necrotic, encapsulated, and showing fibrosis.
Lymph nodes that were enlarged (green star) have returned to stable size and shape.
Spleen size (S) that was enlarged has drastically reduced.